Practical business development is all about creating concrete results that will make your company grow and increase the profitability. Vitendo Business Development will help you all the way with strategy, assortment, sales and marketing channels and customer care. You can also choose only one of the ventures if that suits you better. Our work will start with a resolute going-over of where you are today and what your needs are. After that we will quickly move on to down-to-earth ventures. No wasting time and no cutting corners. No costly long processes. We call that the Vitendo method.
Through Vitendo you can also hire a marketing and sales manager one or some days a week. This is a great solution for companies that have needs which do not cover a full-time employee.
Vitendo Business Development is run and owned by Mikael Eriksson who has many years of experience of working with business development for several companies. His CV includes being product manager at Canon; sales and marketing manager at Ramirent and Bruks; product manager at Sandvik and Akzo Nobel and business advisor at Almi Företagspartner and PWC.
The Vitendo Method is elaborated to help companies with business development, marketing and sales. The method signifies going over a number of steps together where we analyze the company as well as create concrete actions that will help you sell more and become more efficient.
The following steps are included in the Vitendo Method and they emanate from Mikael Eriksson’s experiences in practical business development. Our method means going to the bottom with identifying both market and products and then moving on to more hands-on actions that will help increase the sales of your company.
1. Create a common ground for market and sales. Go through the flow in the Vitendo Method in order to agree on what to do. The purpose is to make the company grow with good profit.
2. Set goals (discuss today’s goals and possibly set new goals, assess today’s strategy and so on).
For each item below we decide on action, who will be responsible and a dead-line!
3. Strategic analysis – through the product and market matrix (the PM matrix) we sort out products and services and define markets or customer groups according to turnover and profitability. It’s simply a matter of deciding on assortment and choosing who you want to sell to.
4. S.W.O.T analysis is made on the PM matrix where we try to find strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats based on product and market. We also discuss different ways of making the company grow, i.e. we apply Ansoff’s growth strategy.
5. Customer directory – we create a customer directory containing both existing and potential customers.
6. We pick out contacts from the customer directory and make a note of their credentials.
7. Packaging – we describe the company, its products and services based on customer benefit, aiming to make product leaflets. Normally we start with a work shop where we use the content in the PM matrix. When we have completed texts for the company as well as for product and service, we SEO write these (that is adjusting the texts for search engine optimization) in order to optimize Google hits/searches.
8. Strategic meeting with the staff. Discuss strategies with the staff and make sure that the ideas are well received.
9. Success stories. We create reference stories about satisfied clients who we have already delivered to and we also SEO write these.
10. Prizing. We evaluate the prizing for your company’s products and services in addition to looking at settlement and offer patterns.
11. Producing films and images. We film and take pictures of the manufacturing of the company documenting the customer benefit of the products and services.
12. Presentations. We make presentations of the films and the images together with the packaged and SEO written text.
13. Product leaflets. We prioritize what sales material to produce in regards to product leaflets with design, brochure, offer folder etcetera and finally we produce it in accordance with the prioritization.
14. Translation of the material mentioned above. We translate the packaged texts to the language that the market in question requires.
15. Personal sales
- We create a booking script where we clarify what to say when you meet a customer for the first time.
- We construct a model with questions to choose from during the customer visit.
- A sales binder containing sales tools is assembled.
16. Prioritization. We rank the most important companies to visit according to the customer directory and book a meeting with them. It is crucial to make co-visits and coach new salesmen.
17. Social media. We prioritize in what social media you should be present and then create accounts in those.
18. Creating content in social media. We publish packaged texts, films and images in the different accounts created.
19. Updating of web page. We distribute packaged texts and adjust the current webpage (if there is no web page, we build one). It is important that the texts are well presented in order to get good search results.
20. We create micro sites, i.e. mini web pages where we publish packaged texts with pictures and possibly films and presentations.
21. Choosing other channels. Creating a plan on how to use other channels such as distributors, agents, editorial press (press release), fairs, ads, radio, web shop, adwords, apps etcetera.
22. We build routines on how to handle web page and social media.
23. Finally we produce an activity list regarding follow-up and in-service training of the staff. We also educate distributors, agents, customers and others as well as create a plan for the future containing measure, who will be responsible and a dead-line.